Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Who Is Our Next George Washington? Could It Be...


By Robert Wiles




Several months ago, as I watched the “Restoring Honor Rally” hosted by Glenn Beck, a myriad of thoughts ran through my mind. Then, all of a sudden, I heard Glenn Beck say “I am looking for the next George Washington”. At that moment, I felt as though something leaped inside of me. This wasn’t your normal “butterflies in the stomach” syndrome, it was an explosion of joy! As I listened while they all sang “Amazing Grace”, the camera caught a glimpse of someone who stood in the background singing along.It was Sarah Palin. In that one glimpse, I saw a woman singing not only with honor in her heart, but with a strong awareness of the Presence of God. The most amazing part was that she didn’t even know anyone was watching. I was. At that moment, I felt Beck’s question had been answered. Here is our next George Washington. I don’t want to take away from the beauty and graciousness of the Rally, nor of the wonderful participants, but I do feel compelled to write about the one I believe is saddled on the horse that Washington once rode. The horse that once carried the man God used to restore honor to this Nation is now being ridden by a woman. Sarah Palin.

In case you haven’t noticed, I love to write about Sarah Palin. I enjoy expressing the hope (real hope), courage and honor I see in Gov. Palin and decided long ago not to back down. I guess you can officially call me a “Palinista”. So, let me explain why I think Sarah Palin is akin to George Washington. When Sarah (yes, I even feel free to call her by her first name) speaks of God, it is truly from the heart. In other words, she doesn’t use God when it’s politically expedient to her nor is she fearful of the negativity she will endure for merely mentioning His Name. I honestly can’t think of any current politician whom I can say the same about. Sarah Palin doesn’t believe in this “it’s in the Party’s best interest” business. She wants to know if it’s in “We the People’s” best interest. In her speech at the Restoring Honor Rally Sarah said the following: "We will always come through. We will never give up, and we shall endure because we live by that moral strength that we call grace. Because though we’ve often skirted a precipice, a providential hand has always guided us to a better future." Those are words of a true woman of faith; faith in her God and faith in her fellow citizen. Despite being maligned by so many, Sarah chooses to make God the Chapel of her Salvation and reason for living. She doesn’t have to verbalize it, we know it by her actions. Remember, actions speak louder than words.

I believe in God and have put my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I at times wonder what the human species would be like if there was no Deity. Would we be able to live and survive together? Would we be able to conceive what the true meaning of love is? Could man describe love without guidance from the One who knows it? Could we even abide by the structure of law and principles without the wisdom of God? The Restoring Honor Rally was filled with references to the Almighty, from Dr. Aveda King’s speech to Dave Roever’s concluding prayer. The truth be told, “honor” cannot be restored to this Country until the “Restorer of the Breach” is allowed to bring it back. A society that lives upon the rule of no moral authority is a society that survives on taking from others to live. This is something that Sarah Palin knows very well.

So I have to conclude the following: Sarah Palin is more valuable to us than we truly realize and the Restoring Honor Rally confirmed it. America, please remember, a vote for Sarah Palin is a vote for God, the people and for the restoration of honor. We either fall or move forward in restoring our honor. Oh, and could Sarah Palin be our next George Washington? You betcha!




Robert Wiles

No comments:

Post a Comment