Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy 22nd Birthday, Track Palin



This Day, April 20, 1989, Track CJ Palin was born. "...[My] life truly began. I became a mom," wrote Governor Palin about her first-born child in Going Rogue, an American Life. "I had no idea how this tiny person, my son, would turn me inside out and upside down with the all-consuming love that swelled my heart from the second he was born." (Palin, 2009, p. 51). He was named after the spring track (running) season.

PFC Palin serves in Arctic Wolves First Stryker Brigade based out of Ft. Wainwright. He was deployed to Iraq on September 11, 2008. Gov. Palin presided over that deployment ceremony, which included him. He was welcomed home on October 8, 2009.

Last year, as documented on Sarah Palin's Alaska, Track's father Todd groomed him to take over the Palin fishing business.

Today, we pause to wish Track a happy birthday and to thank him for his service to our nation.

References:
Palin, S. L. H. (2009). Going Rogue, an American Life. (New York, Harper). pp. 51-53.

No comments:

Post a Comment