Monday, April 4, 2011

One Mans Opinion 4/4/2011
By Dewaine Shoulders

I didn't post a blog last week. I don't think anyone noticed, but that's okay.

Life sometimes is about choices, and I chose to skip posting a blog last week because I was in a funk. Sometimes it's easier to sit back and wait for inspiration to hit you than to try to force that inspiration to just show up.

Between working on a new book and doing two blogs (not to mention a four night a week, half hour Internet radio show), my life has been somewhat rushed. Finding the time to do everything and working a regular job in the process has also been daunting (to say the very least), so I choose to take a week off and look for inspiration. It was a good choice to make.

Choices are sometimes difficult to make, especially when you have to consider all of the things that could happen if you make a certain choice.

Or, in the immortal words of Rush (the Band, not the Commentator):
'If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.'

So, I think I understand what Sarah Palin must be going through right now.

To run for President of the United States is a daunting choice to make. How it will affect your family is something to consider, as you will be putting your life in the spotlight for all to see. Any skeletons that happen to be in your closet will be brought out and displayed, and the pundits will pick your choices in life apart.

So, having considered what choices Sarah Palin must be making gives me hope that she will choose to run for president. Having been vetted as much as she has been already, I doubt that there is much left the lamestream media's talking heads could come up, but I'm sure they will continue to try.

Compared to Sarah Palin, the choices I have to make in my life seem small in comparison. The big question is: Will she choose to make a run for the presidency? I think we'll know before too long. Until then, I'll choose to wait patiently and continue writing.

Choices are sometimes difficult to make, but when you do make them, you must live with those choices. We're already living with a bad choice that was made by many Americans back in 2008... Let's hope sanity returns to America in 2012 and a better choice is made.

But that's just my opinion, I could be right!

One Mans Opinion can be heard Monday through Thursday nights at 9:30 p.m. EST / 8:30 p.m. Central on TalkShoe Internet Radio. http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/95816

No comments:

Post a Comment